A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

WOOTTON (NORTH), a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 2 miles (S.E. by S.) from Sherborne, containing 64 inhabitants.

The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, endowed with 200 private benefaction, and 400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Earl Digby. The church was anciently a chapel of ease to the vicarage of Sherborne.

Volume 4, page 557

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page