A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

WINTERBOURNE-FARRINGDON, or ST. GERMAN'S, formerly a parish, now claiming to be extraparochial, in the hundred of CULLIFORD-TREE, Dorchester division of the county of DORSET, 2 miles (S.) from Dorchester. The population is returned with Herringstone.

The living was a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 7. 3. 6.; in 1751 it was united to the rectory of Winterbourne-Came.

Volume 4, page 520

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page