A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

TURNWORTH, a parish forming, with the parishes of Bellchalwell and Shillingstone, a detached portion of that part of the hundred of CRANBORNE which is in the Shaston (West) division, being locally in the hundred of Pimperne, Blandford (North) division, of the county of DORSET, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 72 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 10. 12. 3., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

Volume 4, page 340

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page