A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

THOMSON, a parish in the hundred of COOMBS-DITCH, Blandford (North) division of the county of DORSET, 7 miles (S. by E.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 43 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged rectory, annexed to that of Anderston, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at 4. 8. 9. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a small brick building without a tower, circular at the east end: it was wholly rebuilt and pewed by Archbishop Wake.

Volume 4, page 290

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page