A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

TARRANT-RUSHTON, a parish in that part of the hundred of CRANBORNE which is in the Shaston (East) division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (E.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 206 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 4. 19. 2., and in the patronage of the Rev. George E. Saunders. The church was dedicated to St. Mary in 1342. Here was formerly an hospital, or chantry, dedicated to St. Leonard, which was granted to the prior of Christchurch-Twynham in the 7th of Edward III.

Volume 4, page 267

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page