A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

TARRANT-KEYNSTON, a parish in the hundred of PIMPERNE, Blandford (North) division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (S.E. by E.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 220 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 7. 17. 8. Charles Hiley, Esq. was patron in 1806. The church, dedicated to All Saints, stands on the western bank of the small river Tarrant, which falls into the Stour on the southern side of the parish.

Volume 4, page 267

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page