A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

TARRANT-GUNVILLE, a parish in that part of the hundred of CRANBORNE which is in the Shaston (West) division of the county of DORSET, 6 miles (N.N.E.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 487 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 19. 7. 11., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of University College, Oxford. The church was dedicated to St. Mary in 1503; the body is raised above the aisles, and the tower is embattled and crowned with pinnacles. The small river Tarrant runs through the parish.

Volume 4, page 267

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page