|STEEPLETON-PRESTON, formerly a
parish, now considered extra-parochial, in the hundred of PIMPERNE,
Blandford (North) division of the county of DORSET, 4¼ miles (N.N.W.)
from Blandford-Forum, containing 23
The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at £6. 18. 4., endowed with £200 royal bounty. P. Beckford, Esq. was patron in 1810. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
Volume 4, page 172