A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

STANTON (ST. GABRIEL), a chapelry in the parish and hundred of WHITCHURCH-CANONICORUM Bridport division of the county of DORSET, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Bridport, containing 112 inhabitants.

The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Whitchurch-Canonicorum, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol. There is a signal station on the coast of the English channel, which forms the southern boundary.

Volume 4, page 165

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page