A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

PULHAM (EAST), a parish in the hundred of BUCKLAND-NEWTON, Cerne subdivision of the county of DORSET, 7 miles (S.E.) from Sherborne, containing, with the manor of West Pulham, 272 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 18. 17. 11. Joseph Haseley, Esq. was patron in 1813. The church is dedicated to St. Thomas Becket. A school is partly supported by some trifling donations.

Volume 3, page 573

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page