A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

MORETON, a parish in the hundred of WINFRITH, Blandford (South) division of the county of DORSET 8 miles (E. by S.) from Dorchester, containing 256 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 9. 19. 2. James Frampton, Esq. was patron in 1827. The church, dedicated to St. Magnus the Martyr, is a small but very ancient edifice, with a tower rising from the centre: the south aisle, formerly styled the chapel of the Holy Trinity, has been the burial-place of the Framptons, and was rebuilt by James Frampton, Esq., in 1733.

Volume 3, page 325

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page