A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

HINTON (PARVA, or STANDBRIDGE), a parish in the hundred of BADBURY, Shaston (East) division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Wimborne Minster, containing 25 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 4. 12. 1., and in the patronage of Sir Richard Carr Glyn, Bart. The church, dedicated to St. Kenelm, was formerly a chapel to Wimborne-Minster, to which the inhabitants still pay 10s. per annum, and where they bury, there being no church-yard here. The river Allen forms the western boundary of the parish.

Volume 2, page 396

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page