A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

HAYDON, a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (E.S.E.) from Sherborne, containing 109 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Sarum, rated in the king's books at 5. Earl Digby was patron in 1810. The church is dedicated to St. Catherine.

Volume 2, page 345

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page