A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

COMPTON (OVER), a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, **** miles (W. by N.) from Sherborne, containing 149 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, with which the rectory of Nether Compton is annexed, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at 11. 9. 4. R. Gooden, Esq. was patron in 1824. The church is dedicated to St. Michael.

Volume 1, page 471

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page