A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CHARLTON-MARSHALL, a parish in the hundred of COGDEAN, Shaston (East) division of the county of DORSET, 1 mile (S.S.E.) from Blandford-Forum, containing 304 inhabitants.

The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Spetisbury, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol. Thomas Rackett, Esq. was patron in 1780. The village is situated upon the navigable river Stour: poor children are entitled to participate in the benefit of education at Spetisbury free school.

Volume 1, page 375

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page