A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CHALDON-HERRING, a parish in the liberty of BINDON, Blandford (South) division of the county of DORSET, 10 miles (W.S.W.) from Wareham, containing 240 inhabitants.

The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 8. 0. 10., and endowed with 1400 royal bounty. Thomas Lyte, Esq. was patron in 1822. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. This parish is bounded by the English channel on the south, where there is a signal station.

Volume 1, page 369

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page