A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CHALDON-BOYS, or WEST CHALDON, in the parish of CHALDON-HERRING, liberty of BINDON, Blandford (South) division of the county of DORSET, 11 miles (W.S.W.) from Wareham. The population is returned with the parish.

This place, now comprising  only one farm, was formerly a manor and a distinct parish; the church having become desecrated, the living, a rectory, was united to the vicarage of Chaldon-Herring, in 1446.

Volume 1, page 369

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page