A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CAUNDLE (MARSH), a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (S.E.) from Sherborne, containing 62 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged rectory, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at 5. 16. 3., endowed with 200 private benefaction, and 200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Sir R. C. Hoare, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul.

Volume 1, page 363

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page