A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CATHERSTON-LEWSTON, a parish in the hundred of WHITCHURCH-CANONICORUM, Bridport division of the county of DORSET, 2 miles (N.E.) from Lyme-Regis, containing 27 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 2. 16. 10., and endowed with 400 royal bounty. John Ross, Esq. was patron in 1826. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

Volume 1, page 361

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page