A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

CASTLETON, a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 1 mile (E.N.E.) from Sherborne, containing 174 inhabitants.

The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, endowed with 400 private benefaction, 600 royal bounty, and 300 parliamentary grant. Earl Digby was patron in 1811. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene.

Volume 1, page 360

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page