A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

BURTON (LONG), a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Sherborne, containing 327 inhabitants.

The living is a discharged vicarage, within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at 10. 15. and endowed with 200 private benefaction, and 200 royal bounty. The Marquis of Salisbury was patron in 1826. The church is dedicated to St. James.

Volume 1, page 287

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page