A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

BURTON-BRADSTOCK, a parish in the liberty of FRAMPTON, Bridport division of the county of DORSET, 2 miles (S.E. by S.) from Bridport, containing 854 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 25. Lord Rivers was patron in 1812. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. This parish has the English channel on the south, and Bridport harbour on the west; the cliffs on the beach rise perpendicularly to a considerable height, and contain a vast quantity of fossils.

Volume 1, page 286

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page