|BURSTOCK, a parish in the hundred
of WHITCHURCH-CANONICORUM, Bridport division of the county of DORSET,
4¼ miles (W.N.W.) from Beaminster,
containing 203 inhabitants.
The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at £5. 19. 4½., and endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty. John Bragge, Esq. was patron in 1822. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew.
Volume 1, page 285