A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

BROADWINSOR, a parish and liberty in the Bridport division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Beaminster, comprising the tythings of Childhay, Deberford, and Drimpton, and containing, with Little Winsor, which is in Redhone hundred, 1387 inhabitants.

The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 15. 8. 9. The King, for that turn, was patron in 1828. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. There is an endowment of about 31, given by Robert Smith, in 1725, for the instruction of children.

Volume 1, page 248

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page