A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

BRADFORD-ABBAS, a parish in the hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of the county of DORSET, 3 miles (W.S.W.) from Sherborne, containing 533 inhabitants.

The living is a vicarage with the rectory of Clifton-Mabank united, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, rated in the king's books at 7. 17. 11., and in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of Winchester College. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Rev. William Preston, in 1738, gave 14 per annum for the endowment of a charity school; and, in 1781, Mark West and William Read gave property producing an equal amount, for the same purpose.

 Topographical Dictionary of England: Volume 1, page 206

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page