A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

BEXINGTON, a hamlet (formerly a parish), in the liberty of BINDON, Blandford (southern) division, though locally in the parish of Abbotsbury, hundred of Uggscombe, Dorchester division of the county of DORSET, 1 mile (N. W.) from Abbotsbury, with which the population is returned.

The living, a rectory, was, in 1451, annexed to that of Puncknoll, and the church, which was dedicated to St. Giles, and stood on the sea shore, not far from the ruins of Abbotsbury castle, has long been desecrated.

Volume 1, page 140

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page