A Topographical Dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, London 1831

Dorsetshire

Introduction Locations People Back

ALLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of GODDER-THORNE, Bridport division of the county of DORSET, of a mile (N.W.) from Bridport, containing 1139 inhabitants.

 The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Dorset, and diocese of Bristol, endowed with 1200 parliamentary grant. The Rev. H. Fox is the incumbent in his own right. The church is dedicated to St. Swithin. Two closes of land containing thirty acres are vested in trustees for the benefit of the poor in the alms houses of this parish and Charmouth.

Volume 1, page 24

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page